Now that you've chosen your Halo, here are a few tips on how best to look after it! Whether you've chosen our clip-in, pre-bonded or The Halo itself, caring for your new extensions shouldn't be too different from caring for your own hair!
- Keep your hair clean! Shampoo your hair going in a downward motion. Condition and rinse well. Brush them carefully and then dry with a hair dryer. Best shampoo to use would be sulphate free
- Avoid "air drying" your extensions. Squeeze dry with a towel and then blow dry to finish.
- Use a wide tooth comb to combat tangling!
- Try not to back comb your hair too often! This can result in cuticle breakage that will result in dryness and matting.
- If you sleep wearing your hair extensions, we recommend that you braid them or put them in a loose ponytail first, to minimise tangling. This should also be done if you are doing anything energetic that will cause the hair to tangle!
- Use a conditioning spray regularly. At Halo we recommend you use a spray which is specially formulated to condition the hair and prolong the life of your hair extensions. Unlike your own hair, extensions can not produce any oils which moisturize the hair naturally so they can become dry if a conditioning spray is not used.
- Style with care! Don't brush too harshly. We recommend a brush with soft bristles! Start at the ends of your hair and gently work your way up. Take your time!
- Heat is one of your hair's biggest enemies! Try to use a heat protective spray prior to using heat on your hair to keep your hair in great condition. And avoid heating one spot for too long - it won't make the curl hold any longer or better!